[LAU] Behringer and Linux

Felix Homann linuxaudio at showlabor.de
Fri Jun 19 19:47:46 UTC 2015

> The XR16/18 looks great for my live work but how good a recording
> interface are they? (if at all) I can't find anything in the specs. How many
> channels can you record at one go & are they through the USB or
> ethernet or either/both.

On the XR18 you get 18 USB input and 18 USB output channels (tested).
But you can switch it to 2x2 mode (haven't tested this config though).
There's no audio over ethernet.

AFAIK the XR16 doesn't have a USB audio interface. Instead it offers
to record the 2-channel audio on a USB stick (and I think you can play
back from USB memory, too.)