[LAU] Coral - music from Studio D

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Jun 30 11:03:37 UTC 2015

On 06/25/2015 06:33 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com
> <mailto:dlphillips at woh.rr.com>> wrote:
>

>     Four instances of the Angelina synthesizer, a Windows VST plugin.
>     I use it Bitwig via the Airwave utility. Two instances use the
>     same preset, the other two run two other presets.
>

> For once I'm going to be the Debbie Downer. I liked the composition
> but really didn't like the "voicing". I found it to be "trying hard to
> be vocal, but missing by a country mile without any apparent awareness
> that it was doing so, and thus not playing to the strengths of the synth".
>
> Usually love your stuff though Dave, and the composition remains strong.

Just a note to point out that my original reply to this message should
have had some smiley-face thingies in it. I'm always pleased to hear
from you, Paul, and I truly appreciate your comments.

I'm such a pedant, I need to remind myself of the Joker's wisdom ("Why
so serious ?!") when I write a reply.

Btw, I mentioned the Debbie Downer remark because until that day I'd
never heard the phrase. Encountering it twice in one day was a little
weird for me. I probably need to get out more.

Best,

dp