[LAU] Problems with sample rate and recordings (Mackie onyx > 1640-i < Firewire > Debian )

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Mar 3 09:50:58 UTC 2015

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 17:18:35 +0100, sub wrote:
>When i record multitrack audio using Ardour and jackd

So I'm aware that you aren't using the ALSA backend for your firewire
device ;) ...

>> But by what way can the sample rate be set?
>>
>> I've got PCI cards were jackd is able to set all available sample
>> rates, but for my PCIe card just some sample rates can directly be
>> set by jackd, for some sample rates I need to do it by alsamixer,
>> before I start jackd.

... but perhaps there's something else that needs to be used to set the
sample rate, before you can start jackd. I don't know, but since nobody
is able to give you the correct answer, brainstorming might be helpful.
I only wanted to point out that jackd not always can be used to set the
hardware's sample rate.

Regards,
Ralf