[LAU] Ardour export question...

alexus / dotcommon dotcommon at autistici.org
Sun Mar 8 20:34:42 UTC 2015

(Please excuse if this is a stupid question...)

I am learning Ardour doing some practice on my system (Debian stable, RT
kernel, RT tuning, MAudio Audiophile 2496 PCI, 3GHz 4core CPU, 8GB RAM,
JACK buffer 512). Working with a 3min stereo audio (24bit, 88.1kHz) I
have noticed DSP goes to 100% when exporting (WAV)...
Is it normal (simply Ardour is using all the available resources during
the export) or something is going wrong (and I will have glithces/pops
in the output file)?
Thanks

--
al3xu5 / dotcommon