[LAU] list policies

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Tue Mar 10 05:12:46 UTC 2015

>>> Thanks to Linus Torvalds for banning one of those systemd/udev idiots
>>> from the kernel development.
>>
>> thanks for the friendly environment that heavily encourages people to
>> contribute to open-source projects.
>
> If you think that my comment is unfriendly, than you better shouldn't
> read what Linus Torvalds has written about Kay Sievers :D.

not sure if pointing to more unfriendly people will justify being
unfriendly.

> Assumed you
> should think that Linus Torvalds misbehaved, than Linux perhaps isn't
> the kernel you should use.

during the panel discussion with linus during last year's gsoc mentor's
summit, his manners were actually a running gag. and it seemed that he
was actually aware that he might not be the most friendly person to deal
with ...

> Btw. how do you call the behaviour of e.g. Kay Sievers?

i'm not discussing kay siever's tone, but yours.

> What's wrong
> with calling him and people with a same disrespectful attitude an
> idiot?

just that other people are disrespectful does not justify that you can
be disrespectful.

> And what has that got to do with homophobia and death threads?

personally i received homophobic hate mails from people from the open
source community as reward for my open source contributions. it was one
of the reasons for me to reduce my open source activity.
systemd contributors received death threats from the open source community.

-----

please keep your tone on public mailing lists professional and respectful.

best,
tim