[LAU] RME multiface detected as digiface

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Fri Mar 13 11:13:27 UTC 2015

Dear list,

the following problem is giving me headache since a very long time:

My RME Multiface connected via the ExpressCard to my Lenovo X201s
running Debian/GNU testing is 20% of the time detected as Digiface when
inserting the card into the computer. Dmesg tells me that
	Hammerfall-DSP: Digiface found

I have to eject the card multiple times and power cycle the Multiface
until it is eventually randomly detected as the multiface it is.

Does anyone have any idea why this could happen? Does anyone have
similar experiences?

thank you so much!
Peter