[LAU] rtirq

Joakim Hernberg jhernberg at alchemy.lu
Mon Mar 16 18:03:57 UTC 2015

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 08:08:23 -0700 (PDT)
Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:

> The reason I asked, is from reading about people using three drives
> for audio: OS, sample data, and audio streaming (record). And though
> I have not had any problems with disk writes (even when I was using
> only 1GB of ram and a PATA drive) I do tend to simpler things of
> fewer tracks and no synth. For the most part, I would think any OS
> parts would be sitting in memory anyway.

I may be asymptomatic as I run reaper with wine/wineasio/jack/linux-rt.
But I can't do (lowlatency) xrun free audio if the media files resides
on my home, I have to use a separate partition for it.  Normally mixing
about 20-30 tracks either from wavepack or wave media.  I did try all
the disk i/o schedulers, even setting reaper as realtime disk i/o class
and highest priority using ionice.  Mind you this is using rust for
media.  No idea if the problem would persist with ssd...

I do remember seeing similar issues with Ardour too.

--

   Joakim