[LAU] using home jack server (or pulse audio) as an audio sink for sound from android. possible?

Yosef Werner yw.werner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 23:32:53 UTC 2015

Hi Athanasios,

> i wonder if I can redirect audio from my android mobile phone to a jack
> server (preferably) or pulse audio server (not so preferably) through
wifi,
> in much the same way this can be done through bluetooth.

Linux-Audio and pulse is not a good partnership and for using jack you
have to build yourself the Android and for sure it has to be rooted.
Not everyone can do this or wants to root his phone. An Android 4.4.2
device is needed. The code and instruction you can find on GitHub.

https://github.com/KimJeongYeon/jack2_android

The next problem will be wireless transfer for Jack. As far as I know
netjack
is not designed for wireless connections. So I'm still looking for a
solution.

Google has a long history in the Android latency bug, many developers
left to IOs. Since Android 4.4 and the efforts by Google in 2013/14 audio
programming starts to make sense in Android, but in C++ and not in Java
less then Android5.

Yosef