[LAU] rtirq

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Mar 19 18:34:04 UTC 2015

On Thu, 19 Mar 2015 09:07:34 -0700 (PDT), Len Ovens wrote:
>we can't really tell if notes closer together than 10ms or so are at
>the same time or not.

We are able to distinguish between picking 5 guitar strings at the same
time with our fingers and strumming them very fast one after the other
with a plectrum. Fast strumming might be something to sixty-fourth
triplets or hundred twenty-eights at 120 BPM, this is around/under the
10 ms range. We are able to distinguish wich guitar playing method is
used. Indeed fast strumming with a plectrum or a finger sounds like all
notes are played at the same time, but we notice that it is fast
strumming with a plectrum or a finger and not picking with 5 fingers.