[LAU] Difference between Yoshi 1.3.3 and Zyn

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Mar 29 02:07:42 UTC 2015

On 03/27/2015 11:04 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 21:52:07 -1000
> david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Just noticed what appears to be a difference between Yoshi and Zyn when
>> using otherwise identical settings. I have an improv thing I do that
>> involves holding a low D (as a drone), sustain pedal down, the stock
>> Cathedral 1 reverb, using the Flanged Pad 1 instrument. Then I play a
>> bunch of descending scales, just letting the notes accumulate.
>>
>> On Zyn, no matter how many notes I play, the low drone remains; if I
>> lift the sustain, the lower note is still playing.
>>
>> On Yoshi, after a certain number of notes, the low drone stops; if I
>> lift the sustain, the lower not is NOT playing.
>>
>> I put the Yoshi and Zyn screens side-by-side and it looks like the
>> settings are the same in each.
>>
>> What's up with that?
>
> I've never used the sustain (don't have a Sus pedal) however, I'm wondering it
> it's just the key limit setting. We've stuck to the original 15 per part (60
> total), I believe that the latest Zyn has upped this.

At that time, I set the key limit in both to the same (my Zyn setup was
at 15). Did some more checking. When I click Zyn's Key Limit selector,
there's an option "OFF". There's no such option in Yoshi. There are only
numbers between 1-55. When I type in 0, Yoshi changes it to 1.

> In any case, thanks for giving this a workout. A fresh set of eyes & ears is
> always a good thing.

There was a time in my life when I was very good at breaking software. ;)

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community