[LAU] Behringer and Linux

Jostein Chr. Andersen jostein at vait.se
Sun Mar 29 15:16:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

It seems to me that the Behringer folks have done a Linux version of
all their editors for their entire range of digital mixers and also
Android versions of the GUIs. I'm pretty impressed!

That's a complete different way of doing it compared to for example
Mackie and Line6, who avoid to even take the word Linux in the mouth
officially - that's the way I feel it anyway. Well, Line6 discovered a
while back that something called Android exists and provided Android
GUIs for some of their products.

If I understand everything right the X32 can be connected to a Linux PC
and then the channels are discovered by Alsa and can be used by Jack.
Have anyone here tested the X Air series?

Jostein