[LAU] [ANN] Qtractor 0.6.6 - The Lazy Tachyon is out!

Rui Nuno Capela rui.capela at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 14:44:38 UTC 2015

On 03/30/2015 03:25 PM, David Baron wrote:
> On Monday 30 March 2015 14:53:20 Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

>>> Yes, I will file the bug.
>>
>> note that it is not a bug. at least from my pov. what you should do is
>> about making qtchooser to select the qt4 development environment,
>> instead of keeping to qt5 as it seems to be the default.
>>
>> maybe reading `man qtchooser` might help you there
>>

> OK. One must set (export) a QT_SELECT=4 or such before running ./configure.
> Since qmake never needed such an environment variable or argument before, I do
> consider this a bug. An example is that the ./configure here did not set that
> variable or supply an argument based on choices made by its qt choice argment.
> No one knew one needed it and the ./configure --help said that qt4 was default.
>
> So Rui, please implement (and the default qt4) in the configure.

excuse me :)

qtchooser, and thus the QT_SELECT switch, is probably a debian exclusive
thing, meaning that it's specific to some debian packaging policy,
organization and whatever--it is NOT a Qt thing and might not apply to
other distros or environments so easily, mainly because there's no
qtchooser package installed nor even available.

cheers
--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela