[LAU] multichannel interface recommendations?
studiochanning at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 15:39:01 UTC 2015
we are searching for a new audio interface for a project studio and
interested in the experiences others have had
* 8 (or more) channels simultaneous recording to computer
* at least 4 preamps for mic level inputs
* USB2 preferable to Fireware, but..
* 100% linux compatible, ideally with a stock kernel
* under $500 USD if possible
less important is real-time monitoring functionality - this will mostly
be used for bands playing live
there are several new inexpensive USB2.0 interfaces that would
apparently fit the bill if supported under linux but it is not clear if
they are, seems like in contrast to FW most are not
anybody have any recommendations?
More information about the Linux-audio-user