[LAU] Behringer and Linux

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Mar 31 17:36:40 UTC 2015

On Tue, March 31, 2015 6:34 pm, David Jones wrote:
> I have an external USB hub with its own power supply. It introduces a hum
> when I have its PS connected.
>
> David W. Jones
> gnome at hawaii.rr.com
> authenticity, honesty, community
> http://dancingtreefrog.com
>
> On Mar 30, 2015 1:00 PM, Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 30 Mar 2015, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>>
>> > Some week ago I had some spare time and decided to have a look at
>> > it. Connected the USB to my Linux workstation and connected some
>> > headphones to the mixer. Result: with all faders down and just
>> > the HP volume turned up there was a high level 50/100 Hz in the
>> > headphones. Removing the USB connection was enough to stop it.
>>
>> Good to know. The last mixer I bought I went through channel by channel
>> and each control looking odd things like that. I would have thought
>> there
>> should be no analog Audio anywhere near the USB.
>>
>> --
>> Len Ovens
>> www.ovenwerks.net

As no one else is using it maybe Fons can convince his boss to donate it
to a worthy student recipient attending the LAC.

That person might not have much money but they might have the time to
figure out where the buzz comes from and do something productive. Who
knows they might even be able to provide useful feedback to Behringer that
improves their Linux solutions.

Sounds like everything else on the board was working ok so a little bit of
hum should be relatively easy to solve. Maybe it just needs some contact
spray.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd