[LAU] Behringer and Linux

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Tue Mar 31 21:10:38 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 08:34:52PM +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:

> Actually, the problem could be as simple as something like a missing nylon
> washer when the kit was assembled so something gets connected to the case when
> it shouldn't. I've had that sort of thing crop up. The other extreme of course
> is the case not grounded and acting like a nice pickup source.

The case not grounded was what I found some years ago on 3 of a batch
of 8 active speakers from a very reputable source (Quested). The cause
was black anodised metal parts not making contact - easy enough to fix,
but safety ground should have been tested even if that is the only
thing tested.

Ciao,

--
FA