[LAU] Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 - reliable?

Ben Bell bjb-linux-audio-user at deus.net
Sun May 10 19:44:45 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 05:07:10PM +0100, Ben Bell wrote:
> Well here's the promised follow-up mail. So far, the bottom line is that
> it's not as reliable as my dual Delta 1010 setup. There's a lot to like
> about the Focusrite but things are not entirely working properly and I haven't
> got to the bottom of why.

Touch wood, final follow up mail, just to report that this is now seeming
to be pretty solid if I accept that I need to start ffado-dbus and Jack and
then not touch the settings. The problems I was having turned out to be a
dodgy optical cable brand which lead to some sync problems.

So, thumbs up on the switch to Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 from me. Thanks for
all who responded.

bjb