[LAU] New hardware setup for recording (not same as existing threads)

Michael Jarosch riotsound at riotmusic.de
Sat May 30 00:14:56 UTC 2015

Am Freitag, den 29.05.2015, 23:34 +0200 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:

> >> If you don't like PCI, there is also a successor with PCIe.
> >So the RME stuff works from Linux drivers that came out of usable
> >documentation and help from the vendor?

Not *all* the RME stuff, but most of them.
And yes: The drivers that ALSA marks as "supported" are created in
collaboration with RME.
But I read the ALSA-homepage again and the modern stuff is not as well
supported as the classic-PCI was.
In fact, ALSA lists 2 PCIe devices to work with linux but the successor
of my beloved HDSP 9652 doesn't. My fault, sorry!

> It's said that they all should work perfectly.
Actually, neither ALSA nor RME guarantees full Linux support for the
HDSPe AIO. It's not even mentioned in
http://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-RME
so I'm surprised, you got it working, partly.

> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ arecord -l
> **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
> card 0: HDSPMx579bcc [RME AIO_579bcc], device 0: RME AIO [RME AIO]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 1: EWX2496 [TerraTec EWX24/96], device 0: ICE1712 multi [ICE1712
> multi] Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 2: EWX2496_1 [TerraTec EWX24/96], device 0: ICE1712 multi [ICE1712
> multi] Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>
> I bought my RME HDSPe AIO 4 years ago and today I still don't know how
> to get access to more than the first 2 ADAT channels by jackd.

You mean 2 channels or 2*8 ADAT-channels?

Greets!
Mitsch