[LAU] Carla (Was: The Quiet Moon)

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Nov 2 23:59:28 UTC 2015

On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 00:38:54 +0100
Christopher Arndt <chris at chrisarndt.de> wrote:

> Am 03.11.2015 um 00:31 schrieb jonetsu at teksavvy.com:
> > It reports a compile error about re-addressing R_X86_64_32S, sayign
> > I should use the -fPIC flag. So I'm looking now at where to add the
> > -fPIC compile flag.
>
> What distro are you on? I'm on Arch and use the carla-git AUR package,
> which compiles fine here. The compilation commands are
> straightforward, as you can see here:

Well I got the precompiled 64 bits Carla running, although it will not
recognize Hive.64.so as a file it can load (the file is greyed out).

I do not know if it exists, a situation in which one tries out a new
VST synth, works well, forks $150 for it, gets a license, and starts to
create stuff.  All within the same day.  I do not think it is possible,
and what fills that time instead ?  Not creating music, but trying to
make stuff working.  Argh. :)