[LAU] Ardour4 and named jack?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Wed Nov 4 20:43:12 UTC 2015

On Wed, 4 Nov 2015, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 04, 2015 at 07:15:26AM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> Do NOT use "named" JACK servers. The option should never have been added.
>> Stop using it, and enver use it again.
>
> Then how to run two of them ?

I think the reference was to qjackctl and not jack itself. The GUI can
only run one instance of jack anyway (and one instance of itself). Running
two jacks generally means at least one from CLI which is where server
naming makes sense. Also, more than one jack, although useful where
needed, is generally not for casual/first time use. It takes some
understanding beyond point and click.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net