[LAU] native FM/PM synths for Linux

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Nov 7 13:57:35 UTC 2015

On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 07:21:06 -0500
Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> Bazille - Commercial, very unlike the typical DX-oriented FM synths,
> but very powerful.
>
>      https://www.u-he.com/cms/bazille

Might as well mention some others from u-he.  Diva, Hive, Zebra2 and
ACE.  The first three yields a more melodic approach while ACE and
Bazille provides more sound effects and strange things.  It seems some
people have fun putting up patches for these two that are weird
growlings and warbles while atmospheric patches that blends in with
feeling (*) are more the footprint of the first three.

(*) what impressed me with those synths, apart from the gargling
sounds from the wired-patch-bay ones, is the range of feeling they can
express.  Which in my case, for blending with accoustic material, is
very fine.

If I may repeat for convenience the link you gave for the Linux binaries
@ KVR (of synths and more) :

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=424953

Again, commercial.  I was about to build a Windows machine and get NI
software for their synths.  Now, there is absolutely no need at all, on
the synth front.  If ever u-he are getting into samplers, I'm sure
they'll be doing something great.