[LAU] Sound-Card Priorities?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Fri Nov 13 01:57:22 UTC 2015

Well, some time ago we were discussing an easier mp3 editor, still looking.
Meanwhile, wondering if there are ways of having audio search for the next
completely available sound card? Now I have 4 of them, not that I want to, but I
can play multiple files at a time. You see, in the future, if I am listening to
speech in a graphical setting, I still wanna rip audio in xvfb with Iceweasel.
As of now, if speech-dispatcher is running, I can only play other audio, not
record, so I would want that setup to pick the next empty card. Can some1 please
inform how easy this would be to setup in Debian? Thanks so much in advance
Hart