[LAU] jackd without MIDI

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Tue Nov 17 17:13:30 UTC 2015

> From: "Chris Caudle" <chris at chriscaudle.org>
> Date: 11/17/15 10:21

> So problem solved?  Jonetsu needs to either have jackd not touch ALSA, or
> use the seq interface, then configure Bitwig to use jack audio and ALSA
> MIDI.

> Unfortunately the manual is only available after you install the demo or
> full application, so someone else who has Bitwig installed will have to
> look through the manual to see if that is actually possible, and if so
> what is Jonetsu missing to set that up properly.

I have no problem in sharing screen shots of the configure options and one or two pages of the manual that has to do with this configuration, if needed.  The options are not many and start with a main choice: jack or ALSA.  Based on that choice, other options are shown.  This means that it is not possible to configure partway this and partway that.  After choosing jack, the options are very few and none have to do with for instance, 'do not use jack MIDI'.

I did have a reply from Bitwig today with a series of steps to do and I will give it a try.