[LAU] Qtractor vs. dssi-vst?

Robert Jonsson spamatica at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 13:42:45 UTC 2015

Hi James,

> I read on some sites that it should be possible to use VST plugins with
> Qtractor by way of dssi.
>
> On my system, Qtractor depends on liblo7 and dssi-vst:i386 depends in
> liblo7:i386. If I install dssi-vst:i386, I cannot install Qtractor. If I
> then try to install Qtractor after that, it will uninstall dssi-vst:i386.
>
> So... what does one do to handle this?
>
> FWIW, I've also tried LMMS's Vestige. There is some graphics bug with
> particular plugin I need to use, rendering it unusable. So I am in an
> emergency situation looking for alternatives.

I'm assuming you are running kxstudio? Wierd that the dependencies get
confused, I have no solution to that. I just wanted to mention that there
is likely another problem with dssi-vst at the moment. Due to some low
level bug dssi-vst currently does not work under a 64-bit system.

See the discussion here:
https://www.linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=14817&sid=81abc243ed9d906840b37f5b24cd9d5a
As far as I know this is still the case so I think Carla or Airwave is your
best bet.

A question regarding Carla, I tried it with MusE the other week as an
alternative. Does Carla expose the parameters of a plugin to the host? I
couldn't get it to but it might be MusE is lacking some LV2 extension.

Regards,
Robert