[LAU] Diagnosing JACK

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Oct 9 06:22:09 UTC 2015

On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 19:05:44 +1300, worik wrote:
>I have had "pulseaudio" apear in the connections window, I was not
>seeing that when the system was working.

I don't understand why people install pulseaudio, if they don' know how
to use it.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/572120/how-to-use-jack-and-pulseaudio-alsa-at-the-same-time-on-the-same-audio-device

I don't know how to use it, but I never installed pulseaudio and never
will install it.

>For a start where does JACK put its logs?

If you run jackd in a terminal, the output is shown by the terminal.

If you run jackd using Qjackctl, on the left side push the middle
button named "Messages".

Regards,
Ralf

PS: You should mention what distro/release you are using and how
you start jackd.