[LAU] GSequencer v0.6.0

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 16:10:13 UTC 2015

Hi,

Grabbed 0.6.3

Doing a ./configure and then make on Fedora 21:

mkdir -p html/
xsltproc --output html/ --xinclude
/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/htmlhelp/htmlhelp.xsl
./doc/usersBook.xml
warning: failed to load external entity
"/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/htmlhelp/htmlhelp.xsl"
cannot parse
/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/htmlhelp/htmlhelp.xsl
Makefile:7000: recipe for target 'html' failed
make: *** [html] Error 4

If I replace that by hand:
/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/htmlhelp/htmlhelp.xsl

with:
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.78.1/htmlhelp/htmlhelp.xsl

at line 70001 of the Makefile then compile is successful

However if I run
./gsequencer
or
pasuspender -- ./gsequencer
** Message: loading preferences for: /home/lo/.gsequencer/ags.conf

(gsequencer:23469): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:2461: signal
'stop' is invalid for instance '0x7f9c11f698c0' of type 'AgsDevout

Which will or will not start the program.

If it does start... How does one make noise?

I tried adding a synth then a matrix, in the matrix properties enabling
output and then selecting a synth.. then added random 'squares' to the
matrix (which I assume is a sort of step-sequencer?)... tried clicking
run and the play button.

I am probably missing something fundamental, however clicking run and/or
play the GIU essentially freezes (i.e. nothing is clickable / responsive)

What is the main use case you have in mind for this sequencer? Are there
any tutorials?

Thank
Lorenzo.