[LAU] Ardour: exporting woes

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Fri Apr 1 04:48:40 UTC 2016

I have to say I've never worked with uncrustify, but I have dealt with code
preprocessors in my career working with IBM mainframes, and found that while the
auto-formatters were ugly in their own quirky way, many times the simple
consistency sped up my learning curve when I was called to maintain some old
undocumented code.
   If I may propose a method, which may yield a smaller diff, restricted to just
the functional changes:

Start with the original code base, the intented target of Fons' patch.  Call
it v0.
Apply Fons' patch to v0, yielding v1.
Run uncrustify on v0, yielding v0.1
Run uncrustify on v1, yielding v1.1
Run diff against v0.1 and v1.1

Review the resulting diff, as it should contain only the functional changes, and
no trivial formatting changes.

--
Rick Green

We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's
  Citizens United ruling, and move to amend our Constitution to firmly establish
  that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons
                        entitled to constitutional rights.

 			http://www.MoveToAmend.org