[LAU] New AV Linux Kernel Repository now public!

Glen MacArthur info at bandshed.net
Wed Apr 6 17:45:40 UTC 2016

Hi Hermann,

Thanks, I'm afraid there is not a detailed package list yet, I used to put
that stuff in the User Manual but with constant changes of version numbers
I stopped doing that. There are FAR less applications on this LiveDVD than
AV Linux 6 because I don't feel comfortable putting stuff on there I'm not
personally familiar with. My choices have nothing to do with FLOSS or
not-FLOSS or whether the developer is a friend or not. It is simply a
collection of mature well-tested stuff I am fairly familiar with with
enough variety to give a new Linux user a good 'taste-test'.

Here is a rough list..

DAWs/Sound Editing: Ardour 4.7, Harrison Mixbus Demo 3.2, Audacity
Standalones: Calf Host, Carla, Guitarix, SetBfree
Scoring: Musescore
Drum Tools: Hydrogen, Shuriken Beat Slicer
Sampling: Polyphone, Built-in SFZ and H2 Thunar Custom Action scripts
Plugins: Too many to list all of the common usual FLOSS stuff including
Guitarix LV2
Video Editors: Cinelerra, Kdenlive, Openshot, Handbrake, SimpleScreenRecorder

plus: Properly set up JACK1 loopback, massive developer-friendly
environment and dependencies, 84 page included User Manual

Hope that answers for now :)

Best to you, Glen