[LAU] Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 110, Issue 9

Stéphane Letz letz at grame.fr
Thu Apr 7 12:12:54 UTC 2016

> Message: 13
> Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 09:24:14 +0200
> From: Alexandre DENIS <contact at alexandredenis.net>
> To: linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org
> Subject: Re: [LAU] multiJACK patch management: the first glimmerings
>
> On Wed, 6 Apr 2016 11:41:25 +0200
> St?phane Letz <letz at grame.fr> wrote:
>
>> jackd2 has a ? loopback ? driver implemented since day 1 (OK maybe
>> day 2?.)
>>
>> - the code is in common/JackLoopbackDriver.cpp, h
>>
>> - it can be activated using  the -L parameter like : jackd -L 4 -d
>> also xxxxxx  to add 4 loopback ports.
>
> I never noticed it, it is not mentioned in the man!

Was a bit experimental at that time, test and patch welcome.

> With a quick look at the code, it looks like it does a direct copy from
> its input to its output, without buffering nor decoupling. How can it
> help to cut the dependency graph so as to spread DSP load on multiple
> cores? Or am I missing something?
>
> -a.

This component is a *driver* that is going to be run a the beginning to each cycle:

- inputs of the driver (= outputs from clients connected to it) from the *previous* cycle will indeed be copied to the outputs of the driver (= inputs from clients connected to it)

- you should try...

Stéphane