[LAU] MPD and JACK

Raffaele Morelli raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 08:43:59 UTC 2016

On 11/04/16 at 10:26am, Hanspeter Portner wrote:
> On 11.04.2016 09:41, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > anyone having troubles with MPD playing happily through jack?
> >
> > I have jack up and running with a loopback device all the time and got MPD working but it
> > stopped working, ie. no sound but the player is going on with no errors in mpd.log
> >
> > This is my audio conf snippet from mpd.conf, just added device parameter for my loopback
> > device:
> >
> > audio_output {
> > 	type		"alsa"
> > 	name		"My ALSA Device"
> > 	device		"hw:1,0"	# optional
> > }
> >
> > Any hints?
>
> Maybe I'm missing the point, but why don't you use mplayer's JACK backend direclty?
>
> $ mplayer -ao jack ...
>
> or
>
> mpd.conf
> --------
> audio_output {
>   type "jack"
> }

Forgot to write I am using ncmpcpp as backend, not mplayer.

BTW I've noticed that running ncmpc works, so I stopped ncmpc and started ncmpcpp... audio is back.
Stopped again briefly (10/15 minutes) audio was gone again... really can't realize what's
going on and can't see anything useful from mpd log nor from qjactcl messages.

--
«My mama said to get things done
You'd better not mess with Major Tom»