[LAU] Testing Kepler34 - New Qt GUI for seq24
edogawa at aon.at
Mon Apr 18 14:01:12 UTC 2016
Am Samstag, 16. April 2016, 18:03:27 schrieb oli_kester:
> Hi Guys
> The Kepler34 project aims to provide a modern interface for the seq24 MIDI sequencer, with extra features added in support of creativity.
> After a bit of a false start with the project using GTK2, I decided to build my own Qt GUI using the seq24 MIDI internals as a starting point. Thanks to Jeremy for inspiring this idea!
> I've now got the project to a decent point, and would appreciate some feedback. Here are a few screenshots -
> As you can see, the program now uses a single window interface. It's also fully resizable. In the future, it will be possible to pop out each of those tabs to a separate window - they are implemented as separate Qt frame objects, making this easy to achieve.
> Some feedback on the use of colour would be great - is the playback state of each sequence clear enough with the current setup?
> Please note that quite a few of the buttons do not yet work, and the MIDI event editor has yet to be ported over - but the program works as a basic MIDI sequencer.
> It should be 100% compatible with seq24 MIDI files - but just to be safe, please back up before opening up any of your projects. Upon save, data about the sequence colouring is now tagged to the MIDI files after the usual seq24 values.
> You can download a stable(?) package from here -
I haven't gotten around to playing with it, but i'd like to pass on my compiling experience:
I went for current git instead, and faced two issues at compiling:
1) It wasn't clear to me if Qt4 or Qt5 is to be used, and trying to compile using Qt4 gave some error about a missing SetCurrentText() method in QComboBox; a bit of research let me quickly find out that it exists in Qt5; a short remark in your mail or even in the README would have helped, even if Qt4 is nearing its end of life;)
1) my distro (openSUSE) puts the lash header files in /usr/include/lash-1.0/lash, and thus i had to add
INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/lash-1.0
to src/src.pro. Then it compiled fine :)
Thanks for all the effort, i hope i'll find time soon to try it out and report back :)
More information about the Linux-audio-user