[LAU] [Music] Godescalc's Song

Ffanci Silvain silvain at freeshell.de
Mon Aug 1 16:44:19 UTC 2016

Dave Phillips, Aug 1 2016:

> Greetings,
>
> This piece is a setting of a secular melody from the 9th century CE, the tune
> is by Godescalc, an unwilling Benedictine monk from Reichenau. I've used the
> transcription by Coussemaker, the simple harmonization is my own.
>
>    http://linux-sound.org/audio/GodescalcsSong.flac
Hey hey Dave,
I loved it. When I heard the first note, I immediately thought of the Midwitch Cuckoos. In the very early 1980s the BBC made it into a radioplay.
Beautiful music and the rendition is really timeless. Very nice choice and lovely, simple performance. Thank you.

Ta-ta,
----
Ffanci
* Homepage: https://freeshell.de/~silvain