[LAU] 8 balanced out interface suggestions

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Aug 6 19:35:21 UTC 2016

On Sat, Aug 06, 2016 at 03:26:03PM -0300, Iain Mott wrote:

> Thanks Fons, I'm pretty sure the Mutliface II has been discontinued.
> Can the babyface pro can be used with any ADAT output device to get
> 8 outs?

Yes. It has 4 ins (2 mic, 2 line) and 4 outs on board, plus
the ADAT in and out. 12 channels in and out.

BTW, the Aphex converters are really good. I had 24 of them
in Parma for the WFS intallation. There were in 2 big racks
together with 3 RME MADI/ADAT converters and the power amps.
Over the years all of the RMEs failed (cheap chinese power
supplies burned out), but the Aphexes just got on doing their
job, even when really hot. Only downside is that you need a
DB25 to XLR or TRS breakout cable.

Ciao,

--
FA