[LAU] [OT] Searching for an 80s song

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Aug 7 14:23:50 UTC 2016

On Sun, 7 Aug 2016 07:59:26 -0400, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
>The church, who also collects a fee if I'm not mistaken.
>
>This means that someone who listen to religious programs on radio or
>TV gets all his/her money worth ! :)

I'm an atheist, however, in a good church a "high priest" perhaps is
able to pick up varying moods of the "audience" and instead of
preaching (s)he explains something and it really reaches the
"audience". Apart from this, depending on the faith, the "audience"
gets gifts, Catholics e.g. serve the blood and body of Jesus Christ,
incense and real organ music.

Remember watching the filmization of Rashômon by Akira Kurosawa.
Since it's a movie, there's no interaction with the audience. In a
church there is interaction with the audience.

So while Akira Kurosawa explains simplest ethics repeated and repeated
and repeated until the audience is bored as hell, a "high priest" could
skip parts of an explanation or continue to explain the same thing, in a
different style, that is more understandable by and/or less boring for
the audience.

It's the same with live music compared to radio and TV. Jerry García
played never ending guitar solos nobody wants to hear, excepted of the
Grateful Dead audience. IOW it also could be vice versa, something that
is to boring and much, much too long for most people, in church or a
concert hall could be continued and continued and continued, as long as
the drugged audience likes to listen to crap played by drugged
musicians. IOW the performers and the audience take the same drugs and
are on the same level, this doesn't work for radio and TV.

2 Cents,
Ralf