[LAU] Secret (for a song)

Philip Yassin philcm at gnu.org
Sat Aug 13 08:46:26 UTC 2016

On 13/08/2016 03:12, Roger wrote:
> On 13/08/16 04:58, Philip Yassin wrote:

(...)
> I love this one! One of my favourites of the ones I've heard from you,
> and in the top few I've heard posted on the list.
Woah, thanks a lot, and to everybody!
> I don't think the vocals are too low and the vocal performance sounds
> good to me. I'm listening on Adam A5X though which have great vocal
> range. It may sound a little quieter on a car stereo or those crappy
> Beats headphones, but it's an artistic decision in my opinion and not
> a technical one. Listen to Stone Roses "Fool's Gold" to hear how this
> approach can work well - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSD11dnphg0
> or even more extreme, My Bloody Valentine's "Soon" -
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4-5gHR3_Kg
Yes, I see what you mean. Adam A5, wow. Among the specific ones that I'd
like to test-hear. I use very old (60s) Tannoy T60 Speakers (and an AKG
K240) and the voice is exactly where I want it to be.. I'd love a pair
of crappy Auratone to test that... Maybe on my phone? Thing is,
frenchies put the lead waaaay above everything, it's like a tradition
(think Edith Piaf or J. Hallyday) and if they can't hear the words they
cry :)

> The Lexicon reverbs are beautiful. I fondly remember using a 224XL
> back in the 80s. Must get Klangfalter when I finally get my home
> studio back together.
Indeed, I'm flabbergasted at the whole IR thing. I even made a "Why,
Phil?" video about that : "Angus Young goes to church"
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC0GNYJcL4I> - you'll find the links to
the 480L IR files in the video description.

> Thanks
Thank YOU, and everybody who commented, everybody who didn't, everybody
who's helping me on Patreon, and everybody who can't. Hey would you
believe it? This morning, Stan did it again
<https://twitter.com/Stan_Ridgway/status/764339858080804864> :) You guys
are super sweet.
> Roger

Philip "xaccrocheur" Yassin