[LAU] Crackles in audio - how to troubleshoot ?

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Fri Aug 26 14:21:06 UTC 2016

On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 15:40:57 +0200
Kjetil Matheussen <k.s.matheussen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 3:39 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com
> <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 14:15:49 +0200
> > Kjetil Matheussen <k.s.matheussen at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Are you running demo versions of the u-he plugins in bitwig or
> > > renoise?
> >
> > Ah ah.  :)  Funny.

> > Actually, I've thought there has been something wrong with my
> > soundcard many times because of this. :-)

Although that would be predictable.  The problem here is spontaneous.
Yesterday I've seen it clearly as I was watching a tutorial on Renoise
on youtube: the audio suddenly started to crackle, so much that it was
like a bit crusher device.  In which case powering down the machine and
rebooting solved the problem.  And although the tutorial was on
house/jungle/dubstep no, it was not part of the music :)

Cheers.