[LAU] Audio interface for newbies ?

David Santamauro david.santamauro at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 03:28:12 UTC 2016

On 08/26/2016 06:17 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 15:39:50 -0400
> David Santamauro <david.santamauro at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I cling ... to both my delta1010 as well as the audiophile 24/96 but
>> I have to say neither is getting much use on the input side after my
>> purchase of the soundcraft 22MTK.
>
> How is the work flow between the 22MTK and say, Ardour, or other audio
> software ?  How do they interact ?

Well, the 22MTK delivers 22 (23-24 are the stereo sum of the mix) inputs
at a reliable and tolerable latency
  => -r48000 -p256 -n2 -Xseq -D -Chw:MTK -Phw:MTK

I use my m-audio gear now mainly as external instrument outputs for my
software instruments (on a different computer) that are fed into the
22MTK. The rest of the inputs are my guitars and basses. All are routed
directly into ardour and recorded.

To be honest, the thing has been extremely reliable and I have
absolutely no complaints--except that the USB inputs are post gain,
pre-eq/fader ... but I've gotten used to it.