[LAU] Other crackles

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Aug 28 15:02:52 UTC 2016

On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 14:56:59 +0000
Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 07:18:24AM -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 28 Aug 2016, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> >
> > >I see no reason why things shouldn't 'just work'. And I've been
> > >wondering: is this a long-standing problem with ALSA's Jack
> > >plugin, or are the browsers doing something wrong ? In either
> > >case, is there a solution (not involving PA or loop devices) ?
> >
> > How about firefox with jack? I know the work is done and the jack
> > works and can be had in self built versions now. It should show up
> > in a release soon.
>
> I kown, and I'm looking forward to this being available in Arch.
> But it won't solve my problem at work where the proxy refuses
> firefox and I have to use Chromium.
>
> But I'm wondering what exactly goes wrong here.

... In dealing with a Bluecoat proxy, firefox on Linux, configured to
autodetect, can show a dialog box for auth.  This will not work.
Pressing 'cancel' the same box will then re-appear already filled with
the right auth information (from a previous try) which then will work.
This is what I do daily.

Oh, you meant, with the crackling ? :)