[LAU] pulseaudio (again)

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Sun Aug 28 17:27:51 UTC 2016

In a moment of stupidity I managed to trash the install on one of my machines.
There was no practical way to undo the damage (this is debian testing) so I did
a fresh install from scratch - I must say the debian install discs have improved
a lot!

Anyway the first time I tried to do any audio work I got Xruns all over the
place on stuff that had been rock-solid previously. However, a quick look at
htop revealed that pulseaudio was running three threads right in the middle of
the jack stuff. Deleting just the 'pulseaudio' server cured the problem, and
nothing else seems to complain.

The icing on the cake is that various programs that like to make annoying beeps
and bongs are now quite silent :)

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk