[LAU] pulseaudio (again)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Aug 28 18:03:11 UTC 2016

On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 18:27:51 +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:
>The icing on the cake is that various programs that like to make
>annoying beeps and bongs are now quite silent :)

Some apps open windows and warn you, if they can't excess the sound
card. Try to burn a data DVD with k3b, without giving it access to a
soundcard. On my machine some programs are allowed to use the bell (PC
speaker beep), e.g. terminal emulations, apart from this only audio
related software, synth, hard disk recording etc. are allowed to use
the sound card.

In the future we need to get used to whacky computer signal tones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKJcgelw2F4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKBvaOLDem0
http://www.mediacollege.com/downloads/sound-effects/star-trek/tos/