[LAU] Synth perc sounds howto

Nigel Henry fizzog.z9m23 at orange.fr
Wed Dec 7 22:02:45 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 07 December 2016 21:11, Frank Neumann wrote:
> Hi Yassin,
>
> > > I think Philip is looking for the tambourine. I'm not absolutely sure,
> > > but I think this was TR-707, but even that should be part of a lot of
> > > analogue drum programming guides.
> >
> > Yes, I think you're right, Jeanette. Specifically, it's the /second/
> > sound one can hear at the very start of the video, and yes, good guess,
> > now I remember, it really sounds like the 707 (funny how I hated this
> > machine in the early 90s and how I'd like to have it back now)
> > tambourine, but in some sort of swirling delay.
> > It can also be heard as the "snare" in the infamous (maybe I heard it
> > too much) JM Jarre production, like this ubiquous one whose name eludes
> > me. Oxygen, yes, that one, I think.
> >
> > So I'm back in square one, browsing presets for something close.
>
> I was recently looking for that same sound indeed (it's perhaps best known
> from JM Jarre's "Oxygene Part IV", see
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DDEl7JnWvo).
>
> I have this old "Hexawe" drum sounds archive sitting on my harddisk for
> ages now (it's still available after all the time, just
> wget http://www.hexawe.net/mess/200.Drum.Machines/drums.zip), and in there,
> I found that sound in drums/KorgMP7/Quijada.wav.
> Of course, re-programming it with your weapon of choice is the more sporty
> solution, but if you're impatient.. :-).
>
> Greetings,
> Frank

Now that looks interesting he thinks, adding the URL to his file list for wget
downloads. Pressed Go and Doh!! 301MB and I'm on dial up. that's 18 hours
worth. It's still worth getting, but a bit at a time in between other dl's.
Hope the server has resume support. Yes it has, as wget has just had to
re-connect after a connection closed at byte..... .
All that aside, thanks for the link Frank.
Nigel.