[LAU] Synth perc sounds howto

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 9 11:45:32 UTC 2016

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 10:35:06 +0000, Yassin Philip wrote:
>I can't seem to extract the RAR archive, it chokes at the first file
>saying : Parsing filters is unsupported :(

Hi Yassin,

there are no issues to extract it using unrar from Arch's extra
repository.

I'll send the files attached to an off-list email to philcm?gnu.org.

Regards,
Ralf

[rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$ pacman -Qi unrar | head -5
Name            : unrar
Version         : 1:5.4.5-1
Description     : The RAR uncompression program
Architecture    : x86_64
URL             : http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm
[rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$ wget http://samples.kb6.de/hfiehhwodwcnsjdcnsk/%5BKB6%5D_Korg_MP7.rar
[snip]
[rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$ unrar e '[KB6]_Korg_MP7.rar'

UNRAR 5.40 freeware      Copyright (c) 1993-2016 Alexander Roshal

Extracting from [KB6]_Korg_MP7.rar

....this File was downloaded at SAMPLES.KB6.DE

Extracting  808 Kick.wav                                              OK
Extracting  Bongo1.wav                                                OK
Extracting  Bongo2.wav                                                OK
Extracting  Bongo3.wav                                                OK
Extracting  Clave.wav                                                 OK
Extracting  Cow.wav                                                   OK
Extracting  Cymbal1.wav                                               OK
Extracting  Cymbal2.wav                                               OK
Extracting  Guira.wav                                                 OK
Extracting  Kickdrum.wav                                              OK
Extracting  Maracas.wav                                               OK
Extracting  Quijada.wav                                               OK
Extracting  Rimshot.wav                                               OK
Extracting  Snare1.wav                                                OK
Extracting  Snare2.wav                                                OK
Extracting  Tambourine.wav                                            OK
Extracting  [www.kb6.de].txt                                          OK
All OK