[LAU] Playing .mp3 from playlist with equal volume

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 9 12:18:04 UTC 2016

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 13:02:24 +0100, Gerald Pechoc wrote:
>I once tried normalize-audio but this is , from my point of view,
>destroing the impression of the sound.

A normal "normalize" shouldn't compress audio. I've got an iOS DAW that
provides a limiter feature for "normalize" and allows to make the
highest level quasi > 0 dBFS, IOW the normalized signal than is
limited/compressed. However, without using such a feature, a regular
"normalize" just increases everything by the same amount, so
fortunately the impression of the sound stays unchanged, unfortunately
"normalize" doesn't "normalize" to an averaged loudness impression, if
possible, the level just increases. "normalize" makes the highest
level of a wav 0 dBFS, by increasing the complete wav level, it the
highest level can't be increased, than "normalize" does nothing at all.

Regards,
Ralf