[LAU] Playing .mp3 from playlist with equal volume

Roger gurusonic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 23:33:35 UTC 2016

normalize-audio is not suitable for lossy files as it needs to
uncompress then recompress the file causing quality loss.
As I mentioned earlier, DeaDBeeF with the 2 plugins works well and is
very similar to Foobar2000. It's not in Debian repos but the .deb on the
website works perfectly.
mp3gain has been dropped from Debian (still available from Wheezy repo),
but python-rgain is its replacement.
My favourite tool for replaygain is SoundKonverter which can process any
number of files in one set, but may need a few KDE dependencies. It also
depends on mp3gain but works if you manually install the Wheezy version.