[LAU] Powered USB hub

David Jones gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Dec 25 18:17:35 UTC 2016

On Dec 25, 2016 03:20, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 11:07:05 -0200, Iain Mott wrote:
> >I don't know if this is relevant, but I have with a Raspberry Pi with
> >a USB WiFi adapter and a cheapy Behringer UCA222 USB audio interface
> >(which gets all its power via the USB connection). Both USB devices
> >work independently with the Pi but require a powered hub when used
> >together. This is my Squeezebox/spotify home stereo!
>
> Thank you,
>
> this is good news. At least two of you used such a solution. Too
> bad that I can't get one at Christmas time.

I have a UCA202 and a powered USB hub. Connecting the 202 to the hub gives me a noticeable power hum that doesn't happen when connected directly to my laptop or to the hub without the hub PS connected.

It's a cheap hub - but something to be aware of.

David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com