[LAU] Allen&Heath Ice-16

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 13:48:30 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Georg Krause <mail at georg-krause.net>
wrote:

> Hello,

Hey,

> i am considering to buy a Ice-16, maybe an Ice-16D. The reason i want
> this is that you can use it as multi track recorder or as soundcard. But
> i can only use it as soundcard if its working with linux, but i cannot
> find anything with google.

Looks like a nice device - I don't think its class compliant USB 2.0 audio
interface though,
given that they have a "Software->Drivers" page:
http://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/ice-16/

Unless somebody reverse engineered it, or they made the spec available to
ALSA/Linux devs, I doubt this interface is going to work on Linux.

> So the question: Has anyone ever tried to use the ice-16 with linux? did
> it worked? or is there no way?

Haven't tried it - so I hope to be proved wrong :)
If all else fails, find it in a shop somewhere and ask to try it out.

HTH, -Harry

--

http://www.openavproductions.com