[LAU] Allen&Heath Ice-16

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Dec 26 14:52:56 UTC 2016

On Mon, 26 Dec 2016, Georg Krause wrote:

> i am considering to buy a Ice-16, maybe an Ice-16D. The reason i want
> this is that you can use it as multi track recorder or as soundcard. But
> i can only use it as soundcard if its working with linux, but i cannot
> find anything with google.

I have not seen that product before. It may be newer than when I was
looking (though with firewire...).

> So the question: Has anyone ever tried to use the ice-16 with linux? did
> it worked? or is there no way?

I can't say for sure with this unit itself, but I do know the Qu16/24/32
series products do work with linux. Not personal experience, but I have
read of people using them with Linux. They need no drivers to work with
OSx which is always a good sign (from
http://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/ice-16d/#tab5) "ICE-16D is Core
Audio compliant so there are no drivers required for Mac computers."

One should consider windows a non-compliant OS I guess...

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net