[LAU] [Music] Ahir

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Dec 27 12:04:44 UTC 2016

Greetings,

On 12/24/2016 11:30 AM, jonetsu wrote:
> Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/ahir
> Since it is described as a study, then it's normal that it does not
> take off, IMHO.  It's like everyone is sitting patiently in the
> dentist's waiting room :)

In Benares maybe. :)

> But then, I only listen to music.  I do not know the scales, the
> poly rhythm structures and did not spent any amount of time studying
> and learning them.  I was exposed to Eastern music, though.

Ditto here. I've made no special study of raags and talas, but the
influence of Indian music is everywhere these days, it's easy to make
something like my little piece.

> In short, a bit more masala please ! :)

Funny thing: I got this message just as I returned from a pleasant
repast at a local Punjabi buffet where I stuffed myself with chicken
tikki masala. So I'm a bit shy about adding more spice at the moment.
Maybe next time. :)

Best,

dp