[LAU] Active USB hub - Was: "Linux is "open source"...

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Dec 28 12:21:14 UTC 2016

On Tue, 27 Dec 2016 18:37:14 +0100, Johannes Kroll wrote:
>Regarding the original topic: Power requirement is negotiated when USB
>devices are plugged in. If the device says "I need 750ma", but the host
>can't provide that, it will reject the device. Good luck with the
>powered USB hub. I'd be interested to hear whether it works or not.

At least the power issue is solved by a powered USB hub [1].

Regards,
Ralf

[1] https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/300931/#Comment_300931

"Unknown_Crewman
12:09PM edited 12:10PM

Intermediate result

The powered USB hub is delivered, connecting to an iPad works.

At the moment I have no time to test it, however, Music Studio 2 shows

    Core MIDI (AudioBox 1818 VSL)

For recoding audio Music Studio 2 offers to select between

    Mono L
    Mono R
    18 mono files
    9 stereo files
    Inter-App Audio

but I didn't test recording audio or MIDI yet.

Audiobus doesn't stop "Refreshing...", if I want to select an input or
output. Perhaps I didn't wait long enough.

Even without launching Audiobus I can't hear an audio signal on any of
the 18 channels (8 analog, 8 ADAT, 2 S/PDIF), when playing an
instrument with Music Studio 2 or Animoog."