[LAU] Playing .mp3 from playlist with equal volume

nikgnomic nik.charles at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 21:36:06 UTC 2016

I used Foobar2000 for long time as best replaygain scanning solution. Still
have it installed, more as audio toolkit than player now.

There is command-line mp3gain package, but I believe this has been dropped
from Debian and Ubuntu repositories. I was able to compile older version of
mp3gain from Ubuntu 14.04 for Ubuntu Studio 16.04 no problem. Not necessary
now as Martin Wimpress created an Ubuntu repository for  mp3gain and aacgain
<https://launchpad.net/~flexiondotorg/+archive/ubuntu/audio>

I use  QtGain <https://sourceforge.net/projects/qtgain/>   as GUI front-end,
easy to drag a folder or file in to scan. I also added a custom right click
option in Thunar file manager. With or without GUI, the scan is slightly
faster than Foobar (on my pc) and I can't hear any difference in sound
levels in final playback