[LAU] [OT!] SSL problems - unable to manage some list accounts

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Tue Feb 2 12:32:03 UTC 2016

On 02/02/2016 01:09 PM, Ffanci Silvain wrote:
> Hey hey everyone,
> sorry for the far off-topic, but I thought someone here might be able to
> help.
>
> For a while now - not sure how long - I've been unable to connect to
> HTTPS URLs. I've tried all commandline browsers (lynx, links, elinks and
> w3m). My graphic is currently updated to death (screenreader Orca
> doesn't work), so I'll stay with the commandline.
>
> System: Debian Squeeze
>
> Attempted solutions:
> update-ca-certificats
> aptitude upgrade
> googling (and hitting lots of articels about generating SSL certificates
> for your own Apache :-( )
>
> Any help, article or guide would be appreciated. Again sorry for the
> absolute OT!

Hello Ffanci,

Could you post the output of:
curl -v -L -I https://autostatic.com/

Debian Squeeze is getting a bit outdated though, also bear in mind that
somewhere this month the LTS support stops so after that you won't get
any updates anymore. Probably the best option would be to dist-upgrade
to or install Debian Jessie.

Jeremy